Healthy Skin in December
1. Wear Your Sunscreen- Even though the sun is gone, we still need to be aware of the UVA rays that are present year round. These are the rays that can cause skin cancer and premature aging.
2. If you’re stressed out, your skin will show it. I know that being “stress free” isn’t always an option but it’s important to take a time-out every once in a while. Go do some yoga, get a pedicure, a facial (call New Leaf Wellness) or just relax by the fire. We all know these things but we need to be reminded.
3. Manicures- All your running around at the malls and cooking are going to wreak havoc on your hands and nails. Mix any oil (olive, jojoba, grape seed) with a lotion or apply by itself for extra hydration to save your skin for cracking and bleeding.
4. Chapped Lips- This is when you need a Lip BALM, not a chapstick. A balm will heal your lips and a chapstick will protect your lips. Burt’s Bees is my absolute favorite.
5. Sore Feet- Peppermint is the answer. You can find it in scrubs and lotions and it will make your feet feel fantastic! Or add peppermint oil to your current favorite lotion!
6. Dry Skin- Did you know that people with dry skin tend to age faster than those with oily skin? Yep, there is an advantage to oily skin. Keep your skin hydrated and not just your face. I’m obsessed with grapeseed oil right now so that is my go-to oil but whatever works for you is good. Just make sure you use it consistently. Those heaters can dry out our skin and make things worse.
7. Makeup- Keep it light and dewy and wash your face every night!
If you’re feeling like these tips are great, but you need more, we hear you! Take our quick assessment to understand what your skin needs!