Glutathione is offered as part of our IV Nutritional Therapy or as a troche.
Glutathione Is The Protector And Detoxifier Of The Cell.
Glutathione (GSH) is produced by every cell in your body. It is the primary protector and detoxifier of the cell. To understand its importance, consider that without Glutathione…
- Every cell in your body would die prematurely.
- The entire defense (immune) system of your body would surrender and cease to function.
- Your liver, which cleanses all of the toxins you ingest or inhale could no longer cleanse any poison or toxin, as glutathione is responsible for detoxification.
- Oxygen based life (human) would be impossible.
On his popular, television show, Dr. Oz called Glutathione, “The most powerful antioxidant you have never heard of.” He then asked Dr. David Katz, the Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center, why have most never, heard of Glutathione? In essence, Dr. Katz replied that most people hadn’t heard of Glutathione because it’s the antioxidant that is produced by the body itself.
Although Glutathione may be unknown to the general public, it is well known to medical scientists, chemists and molecular biologists. In fact there are twice as many scientific studies on Glutathione recorded in PubMed* as there are on vitamin C. Throughout the past two decades there have been tens of thousands of studies on Glutathione and its relevance to health and longevity.
It’s the critical key to the life, health, performance and longevity of every human cell…and that’s just the beginning!
It’s almost impossible to overstate the importance of Glutathione. It is the cell’s first line of defense against its most violent attackers, namely free radicals, chemical toxins, radiation and heavy metals. In fact it is your body’s first line of defense against the toxins that enter your body through the foods and liquids you consume.
The cells in your lungs use Glutathione to try to eliminate the air pollutants and countless other toxins you breathe before they are transported throughout your body. The liver cells use Glutathione as their purifier to detoxify your blood. Your eye and skin cells use Glutathione to protect themselves against radiation.
The continuous attacks on your cells, the invasion of toxins and heavy metals, and exposure to radiation and free radicals can lower our levels of Glutathione. Cells are damaged and can lose their optimal function. The aging process (and all of its issues) accelerates. Energy levels fall, inflammation levels increase and all of the cells, tissues and organs pay the price. Glutathione levels are also depleted by any trauma encountered by the cells, including injuries, infections and diseases. Even stress, poor diet, lack of sleep and exercise can reduce Glutathione levels.
Studies have recognized an association between people who have higher Glutathione levels and those who…
- Have Strengthened Immune Systems
- Feel More Energetic
- Recover Faster from Exercise
- Claim Better Stamina and Endurance
- Experience Greater Focus
- Sleep Better
12 Amazing Facts About Glutathione
- It is the most abundant antioxidant manufactured by the human body. It is the master of sequestering free radicals.
- It is the only antioxidant that recycles itself after it has neutralized a free radical.
- It recycles ingested antioxidants including vitamin C, vitamin E as well as alpha lipoic acid after they have been utilized.
- It maintains healthy oxidant-reductant levels of the cells (cellular redox homeostasis).
- It reduces hemoglobin to a plus 2 state so it can accept oxygen and carry it to the cells.
- It helps support a healthy immune system.
- It protects the DNA in the nucleus of the cell.
- It protects the mitochondrial DNA of the cell.
- It reduces lipid peroxides formed by the oxidation of fats.
- It transports amino acids from outside of the cell into the cell, allowing protein biosynthesis to take place.
- It is the first line of protection against environmental and chemical toxins.
- It is a major sequestering agent of heavy metals.
*PubMed is the online medical science library of the U.S. Government.