If you are overwhelmed by chronic stress, the adrenals can get burnt out from constantly producing cortisol. The result is adrenal fatigue. Initially, the body’s biochemistry tends to react to stress in an orderly fashion. In fact, stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system, which is part of the autonomic nervous system, activates the secretion of hormones from endocrine glands and constricts both the blood vessels and the involuntary muscles of the body. So, when the endocrine glands are stimulated, then heart rate, glucose metabolism and oxygen consumption increase. These responses can culminate into what’s known as the “fight-or-flight” response.
Some Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue Might Be:
- Difficulty getting up in the morning
- High levels of fatigue each day
- Inability to handle stress
- Cravings for salty foods
- Higher energy levels in the evenings
- Overuse of stimulants like caffeine
- A weak immune system
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Extreme tiredness an hour after exercise
- Loss of muscle tone
- Low blood pressure
- Low blood sugar
- Low sex drive
- Lower back pain
- Poor circulation
- Weight gain
Benefits of Treatment:
- Not having difficulty getting up in the morning.
- Not having high levels of fatigue each day.
- Not struggling with inability to handle stress.
- Not having cravings for salty foods.
- Having higher energy levels in the evenings.
- Not having to overuse stimulants like caffeine.
- Not having a weak immune system and more
First know, you’re not alone. Over 80% of Americans struggle with hormonal imbalances, but it doesn’t have to control you. So, we have a few common questions we ask in the initial consultation in the office, but to help more people, we made a “quiz” to take online so, you can see results immediately, if this may help you. Click one of our quizzes below.
Hormone Health Quiz for Women>
Follow Up Treatment:
Lab tests and meeting with the Provider should be done every 3 months. It is also recommend to eliminate hard-to-digest foods and toxins from your diet and to have a Food Sensitivity Test completed. Adrenal Fatigue can take up to 2 years to completely heal so follow all of the Providers recommendations.