PROFESSIONAL AESTHETIC THERAPY
New Leaf is pleased to present BOTOX® injection services. Millions of women have made BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) the #1 selling product of its kind in the world.
What is Botox® ?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary). BOTOX® is also the first and only FDA-approved treatment to temporarily improve moderate to severe crow’s feet AND frown lines.
Botox® Before & After Photos
Ask us about BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA)—the first and only FDA-approved treatment to temporarily improve moderate to severe crow’s feet AND frown lines.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults for a short period of time (temporary).
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into the area around the side of the eyes to improve the look of moderate to severe crow’s feet lines in adults for a short period of time (temporary).
BOTOX® Cosmetic is approved to temporarily improve moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, as well as moderate to severe crow’s feet lines in adults.
Photos taken at maximum smile before treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) and taken at maximum smile after treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic at day 7.
In clinical trials at day 30, 26.1% (58/222) of people demonstrated composite ≥ 2-grade improvement in crow’s feet line severity at maximum smile as compared to 1.3% (3/223) in placebo.1
Actual patient. Individual results may vary.
Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.1
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
BOTOX® Cosmetic may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these problems any time (hours to weeks) after injection of BOTOX®Cosmetic:
• Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing, due to weakening of associated muscles, can be severe and result in loss of life. You are at the highest risk if these problems are pre-existing before injection. Swallowing problems may last for several months
• Spread of toxin effects. The effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas away from the injection site and cause serious symptoms including: loss of strength and all-over muscle weakness, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice (dysphonia), trouble saying words clearly (dysarthria), loss of bladder control, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing. If this happens, do not drive a car, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities. The dose of BOTOX® Cosmetic is not the same as, or comparable to, any other botulinum toxin product.
There has not been a confirmed serious case of spread of toxin effect when BOTOX® Cosmetic has been used at the recommended dose to treat frown lines, crow’s feet lines, or both at the same time.
Serious and/or immediate allergic reactions have been reported. They include: itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you are wheezing or have asthma symptoms, or if you become dizzy or faint.
Do not take BOTOX® Cosmetic if you: are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® Cosmetic (see Medication Guide for ingredients); had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc®(rimabotulinumtoxinB), Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA), or Xeomin®(incobotulinumtoxinA); have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
Tell your doctor about all your muscle or nerve conditions, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease), myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome, as you may be at increased risk of serious side effects including severe dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) and respiratory compromise (difficulty breathing) from typical doses of BOTOX®Cosmetic.
Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including: plans to have surgery; had surgery on your face; weakness of forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows; drooping eyelids; any other abnormal facial change; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby); are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed (it is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk).
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Using BOTOX® Cosmetic with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your doctor that you have received BOTOX® Cosmetic in the past.
Especially tell your doctor if you: have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last 4 months; have received injections of botulinum toxin, such as Myobloc®, Dysport®, or Xeomin® in the past (be sure your doctor knows exactly which product you received); have recently received an antibiotic by injection; take muscle relaxants; take an allergy or cold medicine; take a sleep medicine; take antiplatelets (aspirin-like products) or anticoagulants (blood thinners).
Other side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic include: dry mouth, discomfort or pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, neck pain, and eye problems: double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes.
For more information refer to the Medication Guide or talk with your doctor.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please see BOTOX® Cosmetic full Product Information including Boxed Warning and Medication Guide.
1. BOTOX® Cosmetic Prescribing Information, September 2013.
ALLERGAN ©2014 Allergan, Inc., 2525 Dupont Drive, Irvine, CA 92612
® and ™ marks owned by Allergan, Inc. Dysport is a registered trademark of Ipsen Biopharm Limited. Myobloc is a registered trademark of Solstice Neurosciences, Inc. Xeomin is a registered trademark of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA.
www.botoxcosmetic.com 1-800-BOTOXMD APC38UH14 133542 SOLICITATION
New Leaf is pleased to present Juvederm injection services. Kiss those parentheses lines goodbye – instantly. JUVÉDERM® smooths out those parentheses lines along the sides of your nose and mouth.
Juvederm® Before & After Photos
Choose a picture below to view more details
Ask for the only FDA-approved HA filler that lasts up to 1 year with 1 treatment.*
With long-lasting JUVÉDERM® XC, you can treat those parentheses lines on the sides of your nose and mouth for up to 1 year with 1 treatment1.* No other hyaluronic acid (HA) filler can say that.
Ask for results that are customized for you
Worried about a one-size-fits-all wrinkle treatment? With JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel, your doctor customizes your treatment for you, and gives you the instant, natural-looking results you want—all in 1 treatment.
Ask for results that are smooth and natural
Some HA fillers have a granular consistency. Only JUVÉDERM® has unique HYLACROSS™ technology, which gives JUVÉDERM® XC its special smooth-gel consistency. You’ll get a smooth, natural look and feel that holds up over time—so everyone will notice (but no one will know)!
Experience the #1 selling dermal filler in the US. — Ask for it by name today.
Actual patient. Individual results may vary.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
JUVÉDERM® is indicated for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds). Side effects, usually mild to moderate, include temporary injection site reactions such as redness, pain, firmness, swelling, or bumps.
By prescription only.
1 877-FILLER MD (877-345-5376)
*Most patients need 1 treatment of JUVÉDERM® to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing, and the result last up to 1 year.
This includes all JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulations.
A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF INDICATIONS FOR USE, CONTRAINDICATIONS, WARNINGS, PRECAUTIONS, AND ADVERSE EVENTS FOR JUVÉDERM®INJECTABLE GEL
Precautions: The safety of JUVÉDERM® for use during pregnancy, in breastfeeding females, or in patients under 18 years has not been established.
The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® injectable gel for the treatment of areas other than facial wrinkles and folds (such as lips) have not been established in controlled clinical studies. Patients who are using substances that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as with any injection, may experience increased bruising or bleeding at injection site. Patients should inform their physician before treatment if they are using these types of substances. As with all skin-injection procedures, there is a risk of infection. JUVÉDERM® should be used with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy, or therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as there may be an increased risk of infection. The safety of JUVÉDERM® in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied. If laser treatment, chemical peel, or any other procedure based on active dermal response is considered after treatment with JUVÉDERM® injectable gel, or if JUVÉDERM® is administered before the skin has healed completely after such a procedure, there is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the treatment site.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC instantly adds volume lost to aging in the cheek area. Achieve natural -looking results that last up to 2 years with optimal treatment.
Discover the first and only FDA-approved injectable gel for the cheek area.
- Adds volume lost to aging for adults over 21 years
- Creates contour and a subtle lift instantly
- Helps restore a more youthful profile for up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- Provides natural-looking results
- Is a nonsurgical treatment
- Contains a modified hyaluronic acid (HA) made from naturally occurring complex sugar
Individual results may vary
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
This product should not be used in patients who have severe allergies, marked by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies, and should not be used in patients with a history of allergies to gram-positive bacterial proteins or lidocaine contained in this product.
• Do not inject into blood vessels. Introduction of this product into the vasculature may lead to embolization, occlusion of the vessels, ischemia or infarction. Take extra care when injecting soft-tissue fillers; for example, inject the product slowly and apply the least amount of pressure necessary. Rare, but serious, adverse events associated with the intravascular injection of soft-tissue fillers in the face have been reported and include temporary or permanent vision impairment, blindness, cerebral ischemia or cerebral hemorrhage leading to stroke, skin necrosis, and damage to underlying facial structures. Immediately stop the injection if a patient exhibits any of the following symptoms: changes in vision, signs of a stroke, blanching of the skin, unusual pain during or shortly after the procedure. Patients should receive prompt medical attention and, possibly, evaluation by an appropriate healthcare professional specialist should an intravascular injection occur
• Product use at specific sites in which an active inflammatory process (skin eruptions such as cysts, pimples, rashes, or hives) or infection is present should be deferred until the underlying process has been controlled
• In order to minimize risk of potential complications, this product should only be used by healthcare professionals who have appropriate training, experience, and knowledge of facial anatomy
• Healthcare professionals are encouraged to discuss the potential risks of soft-tissue injections with their patients prior to treatment and ensure that patients are aware of signs and symptoms of potential complications
• The safety and effectiveness for the treatment of anatomic regions other than the mid-face have not been established in controlled clinical studies
• The safety for use during pregnancy and in breastfeeding females has not been established
• The safety for use in patients under 35 or over 65 years has not been established
• As with all transcutaneous procedures, dermal filler implantation carries a risk of infection. Follow standard precautions associated with injectable materials
• The safety for use in patients with known susceptibility to keloid formation, hypertrophic scarring, and pigmentation disorders has not been studied
• Use with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy
• Patients who are using products that can prolong bleeding (such as aspirin, nonsteroidal
anti-inflammatory drugs, and warfarin) may experience increased bruising or bleeding at treatment sites
• Patients who experience skin injury near the site of implantation may be at a higher risk for adverse events
• The safety for use in patients with very thin skin in the mid-face has not been established
• Patients may experience late onset nodules with use of dermal fillers including JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
Side effects in > 5% of subjects were temporary injection-site tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching. They were predominantly moderate in severity, with a duration of 2 to 4 weeks.
To report an adverse reaction, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-877-345-5372.
For more information, please see JuvedermDFU.com or call the Allergan Medical Information line at 1-800-433-8871.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is available by prescription only.
Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliation that consists of using a scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion. Dermaplaning also removes the facial hair, leaving the surface very smooth and allows for greater penetration of skincare products and creates a flawless canvas for makeup to glide on smoothly.
- Immediately diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Removes surface debris with a custom dermaplaning blade
- Creates a healthier, more radiant appearance
- Increases the absorption of skincare products
- Primes the skin for a chemical peel
- Removes facial hair
The Eclipse MicroPen® uses automated Micro-Needling to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to aid in the production of collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker epidermis with a softer appearance of wrinkles.
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines
- Improve acne scars, traumatic scars and stretchmarks
- Improve the skin’s texture, tone and color
- Create younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging
- Minimal discomfort and downtime
- Safe for most skin types
- Yields natural-looking results
Course of Treatment
The procedure takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated. Immediately after the treatment you will notice a bright redness to the skin. The total healing time depends on the Eclipse MicroPen® setting used and the number of overlapping passes. On average, patients are red up to 2 to 4 days. Some patients heal completely in as little as 24 hours.
Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several days and weeks. Results continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment.
Some patients only require a single treatment, once per year to achieve optimal results. However, it is recommended for most patients to receive a series of 2-3 treatments spaced about 6-8 weeks apart. For patients with deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks or acne scars, you may need 6-8 sessions at 6 week intervals.
Individual results may vary.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Treatment with this device should not be used for patients with any of the following conditions:
• Keloid scars
• History of eczema, psoriasis and other chronic conditions
• History of actinic (solar) keratosis, diabetes, raised moles or warts on targeted area
• History of hemophilia, irregular blood pressure, tuberculosis, liver function issues
• Susceptibility to capillary ectasia due to steroid use for extended periods
• Collagen vascular disease
• Cardiac abnormalities, pacemaker, blood clotting problems
• Blood thinning medication
• Active bacterial or fungal infection
• Facial melanosis
• Malignant tumors
• History of any type of cancer or suspicious lesions or moles in treatment area
• Pregnant or nursing women
• Any other medical condition contraindicated by the treating physician
PRECAUTIONS & WARNINGS
1. Discontinue auto-immune therapies or retinoid (Retin-A) and/or any form of skin treatment 24 hours prior to procedure, under care and direction of a physician.
2. Do not treat active acne, rosacea, or other inflammatory skin conditions. Do not treat subject with piercings in treatment area or open wounds.
3. Not to be administered for 6 months after isotretinoin (Accutane) regime.
4. Patients with facial outbreaks such as herpes simplex virus, medication must be taken per doctor’s instructions.
5. Patients with metal allergies or skin allergies.
6. Subjects on any medications that would affect the characteristics of the skin should be stopped for two months prior to treatment under the care and direction of a physician.
7. Subjects who had a face lift or eyelid surgery within the past year, or dermabrasion, remodeling, deep chemical peels, or any surgical procedure on the treatment area within the previous 3 months.
8. Subjects who had Botox, collagen, fat, or other methods of augmentation with injected materials in the treatment area in previous 6 months.
9. Subjects who have excessively tanned or sunburned skin from the sun, tanning beds, or tanning creams within previous 2 weeks.
10. Patients are to avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure for 72 hours post-procedure.
11. Fitzpatrick skin types V-VI, pigment may darken prior to lightening.
12. Patients could experience redness between one to three days.
13. Patients may experience inflammation, itching, and burning.
Available ONLY in West Des Moines.
NEW CRYO TECHNOLOGY,
FREEZE TIME AND LOOK YOUNGER IN 5 MINUTES!
Introducing CooLifting – Unlock your skin’s potential for radiance and luminosity in just 5 minutes with the newest facial technology from Europe. CooLifting is a new facial that combines a controlled spray of carbon dioxide and a blend of hyaluronic acid and botanicals to generate beautiful results with no downtime, no injections, and no pain. CooLifting treatments leave skin looking and feeling tighter and firmer. The proprietary HA gel infused with CO2 increases skin hydration and improves the appearance of fine lines. Results can bee seen immediately!
CooLifting is a 5 minute treatment in which a proprietary serum is dispensed on areas typically plagued by ﬁne lines and wrinkles. Expect to feel the most tightening 12-24 hours after a treatment, as well as noticing an overall healthier look and feel to your skin. CooLifting is the ideal facial – effective, fast-acting, and risk-free. For optimal results we recommended a package of 3 treatments spaced 2-4 weeks apart.
Post-treatment, you can return to your regular skin care regimen, with a good moisturizer followed by a mineral sunscreen. These guidelines also apply if you get CooLifting “maintenance” treatments.
Benefits of CooLifting
- A comfortable, 5 minute treatment with NO DOWNTIME
- Luminous and radiant skin
- Increase hydration for a more youthful and healthier looking skin
- Tissue stimulation for even skin and fine line lifting
- Calming of skin after micro needling, microdermabrasion, laser surgery and other procedures
Microneedling is a treatment that involves the use of tiny needles that produce micro-injuries to the skin. These micro-injuries stimulate the body’s natural collagen production – that substance that provides flexibility and strength to skin and body tissue. To speed the healing process, microneedling is further enhanced by injecting PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) into the treated tissue. The PRP is obtained from drawing a small amount of your own blood, from which the plasma is separated to concentrate healing properties. Microneedling with PRP can be used in several different areas of the body, including the face, neck, arms, décolleté, arms, abdomen, back, hands and legs.
HOW PRP WORKS
PRP is created from a person’s own blood, and is a concentrated blend of plasma cells and specific growth factors. When injected into tissue, it bathes the cells to naturally stimulate the healing process. This advanced technique is often used by professional athletes who need to recover as quickly as possible, to help to reduce recovery time. As a regenerative technique that accelerates the body’s natural healing processes, in conjunction with microneedling, the treated area of skin can restore and rejuvenate for a firmer, more youthful texture and flexibility.
Ellipse uses short, safe bursts of intense pulsed light (called I2PL technology by Ellipse, but often referred to as a laser) to remove unwanted hair from all body sites in minutes with results known to last well over 10 years.
How does Ellipse treatments work?
A thin layer of gel (similar to ultrasound gel) is applied to your skin before treatment, to ensure the maximum amount of light enters the skin. The Ellipse applicator is pressed against the skin and a carefully controlled pulse of visible light is released. Potentially harmful wavelengths and wavelengths that only heat up water in the skin are removed using patented Ellipse Dual Mode Filtering. The remaining light is absorbed by pigment (melanin) in your hair. Melanin converts the light into heat, which travels down the hair and heats the hair matrix, preventing future hair growth.
Can all hairs be treated?
Because the treatment relies on absorption of light by melanin, there needs to be melanin in the hair. This means that light blonde, red, grey or white hairs do not respond, and the most eﬃcient treatment is seen with dark hair. Ellipse is able to treat all colours of skin, and has pre-programmed settings for diﬀerent hair thicknesses and skin colours to match your exact needs.
How long does an Ellipse treatment take?
A large number of hairs can be targeted in one ﬂash of light. Treatment of the upper lip takes approximately 5 minutes, whereas a back or both legs take 20-30 minutes.
How many Ellipse treatments do I need?
Every hair has a life cycle; it grows for a period of time, falls out, rests and then starts to grow again. Only hairs that are growing can be treated – so you need to repeat the treatment at intervals until all hair follicles have been treated while growing. The length and timing of the growth cycles are aﬀected by numerous factors such as body site, hormone levels and age. Clinical studies have shown that typically 3-6 treatments are needed, and the intervals between treatments are typically 1-3 months.
How can I be sure Ellipse is safe and effective?
Clinical trials documenting Ellipse’s safety and eﬀectiveness were carried out by leading doctors prior to the release of the product, and it has been in daily use for over 15 years, with – uniquely – a 10 year follow-up study showing long lasting results. You are welcome to view the scientiﬁc papers on the Ellipse website at www.ellipse.com.
Ellipse systems use Intense Pulsed Light (I2PL) technology – a patented dual mode filter. Treatment with I²PL is more effective since it uses much less energy and does not require artificial cooling. The risk of side effects is also reduced. Ellipse is able to offer practically pain free skin therapy for sun-damaged skin, thread veins, rosacea, vascular lesions and acne.
Our skin ages due to sun exposure and decreased production of collagen. Ellipse treatments of sun-damaged skin make your skin look smoother by removing age spots, other uneven pigmentation and diffusing redness. Your skin texture is also improved. Facial treatments are most popular, but all parts of the body can be treated.
Short, safe bursts of I2PL are directed at the skin. The system filters the light to ensure the wavelengths used are absorbed by haemoglobin in the fine blood vessels and melanin in the age spots. When cells containing a lot of melanin or haemoglobin are treated, the target heats up and is destroyed within a few thousandths of one second.
You no longer have to worry about your facial thread veins. These thin vessels (called telangiectasias) around your nose or on your cheeks are small blood vessels near the surface of the skin.
Short, safe bursts of I2PL are directed at the skin. The system filters the light to ensure the wavelengths used are absorbed by haemoglobin in the blood in your problem vessels. The light is converted to heat, which destroys the protein in the wall of the thread vein, causing the veins to gradually, disappear after treatment. To ensure the best light transmission, a thin layer of gel (like that used in ultrasound examinations) is applied to your skin before treatment.
Rosacea can be irritating. Other people do not notice the diffuse redness on your face, or the small blood vessels (called telangiectasias) as much as you do. Your doctor has probably asked you to keep a diary to help identify what triggers make your rosacea worse, and Ellipse treatment can help to reduce the symptoms.
Short, safe bursts of I2PL are directed at the skin. The system filters the light to ensure the wavelengths used are absorbed by haemoglobin in the blood in your problem vessels. The light is converted to heat, which destroys the protein in the wall of the blood vessels, causing the vessels to gradually disappear after treatment. To ensure the best light transmission, a thin layer of gel (like that used in ultrasound examinations) is applied to your skin before treatment.
Our bodies produce a hormone called androgen, which simulates our sebaceous glands to produce an oily substance called sebum. An overproduction of sebum can block pores, trapping the oil. Skin bacteria (P. acnes) that feed on and break down sebum also become trapped, and the mixture of hair protein, sebum, and fatty acids produced by the bacteria irritate the walls of the hair follicle causing inflammation.
Ellipse treatment reduces the blood supply to the sebaceous gland, slowing down production of sebum. To do this, short, safe bursts of I2PL are directed at the skin. The system filters the light to ensure the wavelengths used are absorbed by haemoglobin in the fine blood vessels that supply the sebaceous glands.
It takes approximately 60 flashes to treat the full face. Including consultation and preparation, you should count on 20 minutes in the clinic. A typical course of therapy includes four treatments, three weeks apart.
The only seven day skin transformation system in the world.
Vi Peel is designed to be used three to four times a year to help reverse and prevent the signs of aging and sun damage. Vi Peel contains a synergistic blend of powerful and effective ingredients suitable for all skin types. People with anti-aging concerns, hyperpigmentation, melasma, acne, or mild to moderate rosacea are candidates for the VI Peel products.
- Improve the tone, texture and clarity of the skin.
- Diminish the appearance of skin discolorations.
- Reduce the appearance of pore size.
- Soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Purify acneic skin conditions by reducing inflammation, post-inflammatory marks, bacteria and excessive build up.
- Stimulate fibroblast activity, increasing collagen and elastin production for firmer skin.
Comfort and Convenience
The peel is virtually painless. Sensitive individuals may experience a light stinging sensation, which is controlled by use of a fan during application. Each treatment takes less than 20 minutes enabling the patient to return to normal daily activities immediately. No skin preparation products are needed. Healing time is also minimal – enjoy younger looking skin!
The Vi Peel Difference
Unlike other chemical peels, Vi Peel treatments are virtually painless, require no skin preconditioning and have minimal downtime. VI peels are suitable for exfoliating the face and body. They also have vitamins and minerals which nurture the skin at the same time as it is going through the exfoliation process. These peels are practical, affordable and give excellent results in as little as one week.
How Long Will I Peel?
In general, you receive the peel on day one and start peeling on or around day three. Every peel can be different, but in general you can expect peeling during days 3-7. Peeling may last additional days for some individuals. Body peeling tends to take a little longer for the peeling process to occur, and peeling can occur during days 3-10. It is recommended to use Aquaphor or coconut oil once the peeling has begun if you are extremely dry (starting day 3-4).
Individual results may vary.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
NEVER PULL BACK on the skin that is shedding. It is recommended to use a small cuticle scissor to trim the exfoliating skin. You can also go and wash the face to help gently remove the hanging skin. If washing the face multiple times a day, be sure to add moisture back to the skin by applying the Post Peel Protectant or coconut oil. You also MUST use the VI Derm SPF 50+ to protect the skin during and after the exfoliation process.
You need to refrain from activities that raise the body temperature significantly and can induce sweating for 72-96 hours (3-4 days). Inducing excessive perspiration/sweating may cause blistering or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation in the skin.
The VI Peel needs to be administered under the care of a licensed practitioner. Not having the education, understanding and experience of the application of the VI Peel can cause damage to the skin and lead to possible serious adverse events.
Contraindications for the VI Peel include pregnancy or breastfeeding. DO NOT HAVE A VI PEEL while pregnant or breastfeeding.
There’s no gluten in any of our peels. However Celiac Disease is a an autoimmune disorder, which is a contraindication. Our post peel protectant has oat kernel and Avena Sativa Kernal which is gluten.
EXPRESS Facial -30 min
A refreshing mini-facial which includes cleansing, exfoliation, toner, masque, and moisturizer. Perfect for maintenance in-between skin treatments and great for people on the go!
Body Wrap – 60 min
Wraps at New Leaf are specifically created for various types of cellulite, localized adipose issues, poor circulation as well as sagging and dehydrated skin. IDEAL FOR: Slimming, Fat Burning, and Better Elasticity.
Back Spa Treatment – 45 min
Back Spa Treatments at New Leaf give you a choice of hot stone or cold ball massage and salt or sugar exfoliation. The treatments result in smooth, polished and glowing skin giving you a pampered feeling. IDEAL FOR: Exfoliation, Relaxation, Relief of Back Tension, and Improved Circulation.
Acne Clearing Facial – 60 min
This treatment is blended to treat the causes of acne-prone skin – not just the symptoms. Medicated products work together to clear acne quickly, reduce or eliminate outbreaks and reduce inflammation. For maximum effectiveness, a home care system is recommended to prevent future outbreaks.
Acne Extraction Treatment
Extraction Treatment is the process of clearing a clogged or compacted pore and this will promote faster healing of blemishes and congested areas.
High Frequency Treatments
High frequency treatments help to treat and prevent stubborn acne, eliminate bacteria, shrink enlarged pores, re-duce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, decongest puffy eyes, fade dark eye circles and even rejuvenate the condition of the scalp and nourish hair follicles for healthier hair growth.
Anti-Aging Facial – 60 min
Created for sensitive skin that’s showing signs of age such as sagging skin, fine lines and dullness, this treatment firms, lifts, tightens and smooths aging skin. This service begins with a thorough gentle cleansing followed by an exclusive layered exfoliation process and an ultra-tightening mask which is designed to restore firmness and resilience to your skin.
IV Nutritional Infusion Facial – 60 min
Get a fresh youthful glow, both inside and outside, with the combination of facial treatment and an IV Nutritional Infusion. The IV infusion is a mixture of high-potency vitamin B Complex including B12, B5, B6, B9 and Vitamin C with boosters such as Calcium and Magnesium. This creates an invigorating “cocktail,” administered intravenously by one of our Registered Nurses while you relax and enjoy a luxurious facial. This custom blend of vitamins will boost your energy, strengthen your immune system, revitalize both body and mind from the inside and improve the complexion from the outside.
A hand massage specifically targets the muscles in the hands. This type of massage can be especially useful for people who spend a great deal of time working with their hands, and it can also provide relief for people who spend many hours a day at a computer keyboard.
Available ONLY in West Des Moines.
Tighten and Tone Skin Naturally with The Plasma Pen. Plasma Pen is the world’s most advanced, non-invasive, skin lifting, skin tightening and rejuvenation device used to treat wrinkles, and sagging, dull skin. The Plasma Pen is an FDA approved, CE approved device used to perform fibroblast therapy, a technique used to stimulate production of collagen in the skin. The Plasma Pen is a soft-surgery procedure targeting a wide variety of skin conditions including loss of elasticity, sagging, and wrinkles that have been traditionally treated with botox, fillers or plastic surgery.
Repair, Revive, Tone and Smooth Sagging, Loose Skin and Wrinkles…..Naturally! Plasma Pen produces excellent results for any area of the body as it significantly tightens, lifts, resurfaces, and regenerates
- Accordion lines – the lines that form outside of the mouth when you smile
- Acne scars – improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks and scars
- Crow’s feet around eyes
- Forehead lines
- Jowl / jawline tightening
- Marionette lines – The creases or folds that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Nasal labial folds / smile lines – The folds that run from the sides of your nose down to the edge of your mouth
- Necklines, turkey neck Smoker’s lines – those vertical wrinkles also known as lipstick lines around the mouth
- Upper and lower eyelids – Bags and hoods