Tirzepatide and Semaglutide can offer weight loss in 2023, through weekly injections. However, as many scramble to obtain these medications, the supply chain has made this difficult. Semaglutide and Tirzepatide have three main mechanisms of action.
- They enhance the growth of beta cells in the pancreas, which are sites of insulin production. This means your body has improved control over blood sugar or decreased insulin resistance.
- Compounded Tirzepatide and Semaglutide markedly delay gastric emptying. The delay in gastric emptying can reduce appetite.
- Finally, both medications improve control of eating and reduce food cravings. The last mechanism is what many people appreciate the most, feeling less compulsion to eat or not eating as much.
What is the difference between Semaglutide and Tirzepatide?
Tirzepatide is a dual glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide–GLP-1 receptor agonist. This means this medication works on two different receptors, GIP and GLP-1. The GIP receptors are activated to improve insulin sensitivity, insulin secretion, satiety (feeling full), and fat burn (lipolysis). Simultaneously, the GLP-1 receptors are stimulated to decrease glucagon secretion, slow gastric emptying, and decrease appetite. Concurrent action on both GIP and GLP-1 produces weight loss, lowered cholesterol, and reduced cardiovascular risk for patients.
The dosing for compounded Tirzepatide starts at 2.5mg per week and increases based on the patient’s response. Thus dose increases with Tirzepatide are less frequent, once every 4-6 weeks on average. Semaglutide dosing starts at 0.25mg per week and increases weekly, based on the patients’ response. Both medications aim not to achieve the maximum dose but to have controlled, monitored, and safe weight loss with minimal side effects.
Based on clinical trials, patients using Tirzepatide or Semaglutide may experience:
- Substantial A1C reductions
- Increased weight loss
- Improvements in cardiometabolic measures
- Improved triglycerides levels
- Reduced appetite
- Decreased blood pressure
- Improved insulin sensitivity
What are you waiting for? Contact us for your Free Consultation Today!
menopause, Tictoc, BioTe
Use the form below to…
Schedule a FREE consultation to learn more about our Weight Loss Programs.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP!